
US and Israeli attacks on Iran have now damaged or destroyed more than 100,000 civilian buildings, according to the latest figures from the Iranian Red Crescent Society.
In the capital Tehran alone, nearly 40,000 residential buildings and business units were hit, the humanitarian organization said in a post on X on Sunday.
The Red Crescent also said on X that around 600 schools and nearly 300 health centres had been attacked in the past four weeks. The information could not be independently verified.
There were no up-to-date figures on the number of fatalities.
Iran's Health Ministry said earlier this week that more than 1,900 people had been killed since the start of the war on February 28 this year, including 240 women and more than 200 children. More than 24,800 people were also injured over the same period.
LATEST POSTS
- 1
What to know as New York City nurses strike for a 3rd day - 2
Dave Coulier shares new cancer diagnosis 1 year after revealing previous diagnosis - 3
'Always put others first': IDF reservist who died while on leave saves four with organ transplants - 4
'Not the moon that I'm used to seeing': Artemis II astronauts describe seeing the far side - 5
CDC studies show value of nationwide wastewater disease surveillance, as potential funding cut looms
Police break up illegal chicken slaughter in Germany
Going on a bad date is a drag. Worse? Ending up as a cautionary tale on TikTok.
Vote In favor of Your #1 sort of film
Beyond oil: The crucial exports blocked by Hormuz closure
Step by step instructions to Choose the Right Internet based Degree Program for Your Future
Report: Russian military pressuring students to work as drone pilots
Living Abroad: Social Inundation and Self-improvement
Consumer experts: German petrol hikes rule won't bring down prices
vote in favor of Your #1 kind of climate













