
Treasured exhibits have reportedly been moved to safety at Florence's world-famous Uffizi Gallery following a cyberattack earlier this year.
According to a report published on Friday in the Corriere della Sera daily, the unknown perpetrators have already attempted to use the stolen data to extort money from the museum in northern Italy.
The museum – which attracts more than 5 million visitors a year – has sealed some doorways and emergency exits, the newspaper reported.
In many museums around the world, fears of break-ins have been high since the spectacular heist at the Louvre in Paris, where part of the French crown jewels were stolen in October last year.
Investigative circles suggest hackers have repeatedly managed to breach the Uffizi’s internal database since February.
In the process, they gained access not only to passwords and login details for the photo archive but also to detailed floor plans and the locations of surveillance cameras.
The Corriere della Sera report said valuable items from the treasury of the Grand Dukes of Tuscany have been moved from the Uffizi to a vault in the Banca d'Italia.
LATEST POSTS
- 1
The Delight of Perusing: Book Proposals for Each Class - 2
Surging measles cases are 'fire alarm' warning that other diseases could be next - 3
The cheap health insurance promoted by Trump officials has this catch - 4
Air Force made critical errors during October 7 massacre, investigator says - 5
Internet Bookkeeping Programming for Consultants
The Job of a Land Legal counselor in Property Exchanges
Find the Captivating Professional flowerbeds of the US
Current Chateaus: Advancement and Style
RFK Jr.'s vaccine panel delays hepatitis B shot vote after chaotic meeting
Oil Tanker Carrying Iraqi Cargo Seen Transiting Strait of Hormuz
Exploring Being a parent: A Survey of \Bits of knowledge and Guidance for Guardians\ Nurturing Book
Reactions as Artemis II astronauts lift off on historic lunar mission
The most effective method to Pick the Best Material Organization: Insider Tips
Judge sets $60K bond for Florida congresswoman accused of stealing $5M in COVID-19 funds













